Monday, March 23, 2009

I Think I'm Paranoid...

Last week was quite bizarre. Along with DVR (And cheese. Ok and red wine...), I have an unhealthy addiction to People.com. It is, after all, the #1 Celebrity Site on the Web. I like to check in once or twice a day to see how my good friends in California are doing. You know, the ones that like to share one name. Have I told you ours? It's Merechael, pronounced "Mer-ah-kul," which is strangely close to "miracle." I believe this name came to be after I'd had a few glasses of one of the aforementioned addictions. But I love it and so do my friends Bennifer and Brangelina.

While I was on the website I read about Natasha Richardson's tragic fall. Long story short: Liam Neeson's wife was in a minor skiing accident, walked away feeling fine, came down with a terrible headache, ended up in the hospital, suffered brain damage and died shortly after. What happened to her could have happened to anyone. One innocent fall that had severe consequences.

Later in the week I heard about a deadly spider (Brazilian Wandering Spider) found in a shipment of bananas at our Whole Foods in Tulsa. It is said to be one of the most lethal spiders in the world. Just hanging out around the bananas. Its venom can kill a human within a half hour. A HALF HOUR! Spiders don't typically scare me unless they have hair. And this one, my friends, had hair. Updates say it was not as deadly as previously mentioned but for this post's sake, we're going with the original story.

Friday I received a text message from one of my jLife kiddos, which said something about a gang initiation at Wal-Mart. Exact message: "Do not go to any Wal-Mart tonite. Gang initiation to shoot 3 women tonite. Not sure which Wal-Mart. Confirmed on tv." I rarely believe texts and/or emails such as these. Don't ever send me anything that needs to be "forwarded to 12 people or you will die," because, let's face it, I'm going to delete it and you might die. But after the week of ski injuries and hairy octo-freaks, I wasn't about to go near a Wal-Mart in case my little 12-year-old friend was right.

Turns out she wasn't, it was some huge hoax that was later reported on the news.

Well this turned out to be one of the most anticlimactic posts I've ever written. But still, crazy week eh?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Anticlimactic? Maybe. Hilarious? Definitely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...