Friday, February 13, 2009

Red And Pink Do NOT Look Good Together

This is my 150th post. To commemorate this special occasion, I thought it'd be great to fill out yet another survey. Woohoooo!

Michael and I are celebrating Valentine's Day today by going out for a healthy steak and potato dinner. And red wine. And dessert. I'm excited.

Will write more about this later, but visited Doogie Howser today (remember him?) and let's just say that picture was taken many, many years ago. Doc's hair isn't quite what it used to be. At least I no longer felt the need to ask him about Full House.

And now I bring you... the luurv survey:

What are your middle names? Eugene and Leigh

How long have you been together? Almost 4 years! We met for the first time in April, 2005 at an Earth Day party in Tulsa when I still lived in Fort Smith.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? Alright, pretty sure everyone that reads this blog knows the "true" story of how we met, but for those that don't, you're in for a treat (we usually just say "Earth Day Party"). I'd recently joined the relatively new phenomenon called "facebook" when I received a friend request from Michael. Folks, I had NO idea who he was but how can you turn down this face (this was the first picture I ever saw of him):



Well I couldn't. So I sent him a semi-flirtatious message beginning with, "Do I know you?" and ending with, "I want my future children to call you dad" (just kidding). So began a 3-day chat fest that led up to us meeting at the earth day party mentioned above. So I guess we "knew" each other for 3 days before we "met." And we've been together ever since.

Who asked who out? After staying up both Friday and Saturday nights talking, we had lunch at Pei Wei on Sunday before I drove back to Fort Smith. So I'm not really sure we ever really asked the other out.

How old were each of you when you met? We were both 22

How old are each of you now? We are both 26 (although Michael apparently thinks he's 25)

How long did you date before becoming engaged? 1.5 years (we were long distance for the first year)

How tall are each of you? I'm 5'7" and he's 5'11"

Whose siblings do you see the most? I'd say it's about even.

Do you have any children together? Not to my knowledge

What about pets? Thumbs, who I consider a child

Did you go to the same school? We went to TU 3 years together (he was a grade below me) but never met. It's odd since TU was such a small school.

Are you from the same hometown? I'm from Fort Smith and he's from Coppell (suburb of Dallas)

Who is the smartest? This is a dumb question. We both have our talents and our shortcomings. Most of the time one of us knows the answer so that's pretty cool.

Who is the most sensitive? Ugh. By far, ME. He's sensitive in the "aw, what a cute husband" way, but I'm sensitive in the "Oh my God stop whining about it already" way.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? Hard to say, but we looooove sushi from In the Raw.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Maui, Hawaii. Best vacation ever.

Who does the cooking? We both cook but I tend to cook more.

Who is more social? That's a close one. Wait, no it's not. Definitely me. He tends to be pretty reserved at first but once you get to know him he opens up.

Who is the neat-freak? I always thought he was but apparently he was just trying to impress me when I would visit him. I wouldn't say either of us are freakish about being neat but we don't walk around with brown squiggles following us (Pig Pen). He does have a way with folding clothes.

Who hogs the bed? Definitely him. I enjoy my 1 square foot of space each night.

Who wakes up earlier? He does by far. He needs 4 hours of sleep, I need 9. You do the math.

Who has the bigger family? I do, but not by much. We only needed one pew at our wedding for the family.

How do you spend the holidays? We alternate.

Who is more jealous? Tis me. That's right, I'm more sensitive AND more jealous. Real winner.

Do you have little pet names for each other? We have the typical annoying ones that don't need to be mentioned. I used to hate the nickname "Merdy" but after we'd been dating several months I was on his computer and found a folder he'd titled, "Mi Merdi." It was all of his favorite pictures of me. I've loved the nickname ever since. :)

How long did it take to get serious? 2 days? After we'd stayed up 2 nights in a row he sent me a short email that said, "Staying up until the sun came up has never been so worth it." I started planning our wedding that day.

Who eats more? Michael. But calorie-wise, definitely me.

Who sings better? I think we sing about the same.

Who’s older? Me by 4 months. His mom calls me the "older woman."

Who does the dishes? Whoever doesn't cook the meal.

Who snores? As you read in Michael's 25 list, he "moo's" often. It's incredible, he can hold a note for a really, really long time without breathing. He puts Kenny G to shame.

Who’s better with the computer? He is. I am better at messing it up (dad can attest to this). I get really impatient if something takes a long time to load.

Who drives? We take turns. I'd say he drives more than I do.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. This question confuses me because last I checked, it takes two to kiss. But I guess he leaned forward first. Whatev.

Who eats more sweets? Definitely me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget your own age once and you never hear the end of it! Happy Valentine's Day

Haley Nicodemus said...

Ok - the list I filled out did not have "what are your pet names, who kissed who first, and several others." I guess I copied someone's list that didn't feel the need to answer those.

How precious is "Mi Merdi." That's one of the cutest things ever! And he's obviously not too shy considering he sent you a random friend request. That takes some balls!

Emily said...

ahhh love this post! i agree with haley the mi merdi part was presh!

Leslie said...

Ok, the Merdi thing answers a burning question of mine! I had always called you "Merdy" but then noticed recently that you were spelling it "Merdi" and was like, "Shoot, have I been spelling this wrong all these years??? I am a jerk!" But now I see that you just changed the spelling, and for a wonderful reason! Sweet boy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...