Sunday, July 6, 2008

Eh, I'm On Vacation. No Time For Titles.

It's Sunday evening and I am in a FANTASTIC mood. It was a great 3-day weekend and we decided to continue the fun by taking off work tomorrow--woooohooo! I mentioned a few months ago that Michael and I were going to take off an entire week from work so we could relax. No trips, no expenses, just the two of us, a bad yard, and a pool 40 feet away. The vacation came to a crashing halt when Michael found out he would be taking over a new position a few weeks ago. Anywho, long story short, 9-day vacation became 4-day vacation. I was pretty down when I first found out but I've since made amends with myself, my husband, and Samson Resources for their terrible timing.

Thursday night we went to our home away from home--Utica Square--for their concert series. The future Sniders joined us as well as Garrett and Tara. It was blazing hot, I think I spent most of the time wishing my room temp red wine was a cool sangria.

On Friday (HAAAAPPY 4th of July!) the future Sniders joined us at our neighborhood pool. Michael overheard some unfriendly neighbors claim we were "hoarders" for grabbing two extra lounge chairs before Kait and Stephen arrived. I chose to give them my most evil look (I've been told it is a force to be reckoned with) but apparently it's all in the eyes so with my sunglasses on I just looked like I was staring. I wanted to yell, "It's a free country!" with the whole 4th of July theme but do not worry, I did not. After we'd had our fill of the glorious sun we cleaned up and went to the Riverwalk to eat dinner and watch the fireworks. The fireworks were less than amazing but still a nice time and much less crowded than the ones on the 21st street bridge. We all smoked some cigars and called it a night.

Let's see... yesterday. I have no idea what we did. I know we slept in... and I know food was involved... That's all I've got. Apparently it wasn't the most memorable. I just asked Michael and he can't think of anything either. Woohoo, vacation mission accomplished. Complete and utter boredom. Fabulous.

This morning we went to church. The air conditioner wasn't on and I started feeling REALLY nauseous. I leaned over to Michael at least 3 times to ask if he could also smell the barf. Not kidding, it smelled like someone ralphed right behind me. He reassured me that there was nothing of the sort. Anywho, we cleared out of there before we had a chance to take the Lord's Supper. I was not about to pass out in the wine goblet.

I guess that is about it. I realize our blog has been lacking on the pictures as of late and I apologize. I did want to show off the kiddo and her thorough enjoyment of our vacation as well.

She is one crazy cat.

Thursday...


Friday...


Saturday...


Sunday...


I'd layed out some of my old dresses on our office floor and Thumbs could not get enough of them. I realize if I'd just hung them back up this wouldn't have happened but 4-day vacation = no housework for me. How in the world can she have such a belly when the pictures obviously prove she is incredibly active?! :)

And, last and certainly least, an update on the lawn. It really is looking better (look at today's pictures and then click here) but I'm still waiting for that day when I wake up, look out the window, and see green for days.





Hope you all enjoy work tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you concentrate on the tree, that yard looks pretty darned good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...