Monday, July 14, 2008

To Small Groups!!!

Update: Pictures and video below...

I often use periods for emphasis, so allow me to share the following: I. Am. Fried. Our trip to the lake on Saturday was amazing and I can't stop smiling when I think about it. There were 6 of us and we were told on the drive up that it was tradition for all couples to ride the tube together (a bit of marriage counseling I suppose). I was a bit nervous because I have shared a tube with others before and ended up somewhere near the bottom of the lake with a large body on top of me. I was determined to not let that happen again.

As soon as we stepped on the boat we had some lunch and then I immediately jumped in. Being the smart one, I decided I would wait and put sunscreen on AFTER I got back in the boat, but I ended up staying in the water for almost an hour talking to the girls. Apparently my brain cells completely shut off when the sun is involved. It didn't take long for my shoulders and arms to turn a nice shade of red.

When it came time to ride on the tube, Michael and I were able to get ourselves situated pretty quickly. The first time we lasted quite a while and then I flew off. If it is possible to giggle underwater, I did. We got back on and rode a few more times. I MIGHT have outlasted Michael the third time around but it would seem silly to mention that on here. Even if it kind of proves my arms are stronger and my will is mightier... and that overall I'm a better person...

We had a fair share of tubing, knee-boarding and skiing. I wanted to try skiing again because I remembered being decent at it the last time. Michael politely asked when that last time occured and my only memory was that I was still wearing my back brace (add another dork vote to my side). So I'm thinking it was circa 1998. For those of you who are extremely visual, I did NOT wear the back brace while I was skiing. Or with my bikini. (But I did have to put it on for the trip home...) Anywho, I tried 3 or 4 times on Saturday, was able to get up but couldn't stay up. Perhaps next time.

We ended the evening at Pizza Port, another tradition of the Myers family. The pizza was amazing (yet to be determined if it was really that good or if toasted bark would have tasted delicious after the exhausting day we had). After a quick stop at Braums, we headed home. I went to sleep almost immediately and woke up feeling like I'd been hit by an elephant or possibly three of Thumbs. Every muscle in my body ached (and still does) and my shoulders were scary red. Michael and I went to church in the least amount of clothing possible. Talk about battle wounds, we were covered.



The Homans...


The Myers...




Neat video--this was our first attempt so I am the one flying off the back.


One last bit... I noticed that I have been consistently winning (losing?) the dork vote. I go back and forth with whether I should feel honored or if I should take a good look inside. Have I mentioned Michael's middle name is Eugene? Eh?? Nothing? Damn.

Because everyone needs a good song to brighten their Monday...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You totally win the dork vote. And yet (sorry Michael) you also win the cool vote, so really the World Cup of overall greatness belongs to you.

Susie said...

Ahhh...George Harrison...had a huge crush on him in 7th grade!

Heather said...

To small groups - cheers! My skin itches and my hand barely works, but it was so worth it.

Apparently my head has been in the sand since I didn't realize you were blogging beyond the wedding. I find it quite fabulous, as I do so enjoy a good blog or two or thirty in the morning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...