Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sick Day(s)

Michael and I were attacked by one of the following:

1) The Flu
2) Food Poisoning
3) Sickle Cell Anemia (Lame attempt at humor)
4) Ebola virus (This is the front-runner...)

It was definitely one of the four. It hit me Sunday night, right after Ricky Gervais made his 17th "Holy cow did he just say that?!" remark, which had us laughing hysterically whilst burying our heads in couch pillows due to the excruciating awkwardness. Michael made it until the middle of the night before his body decided to join in on the fun.

The saddest part of this sob story: The last thing I ate before I got sick was a Sprinkles cupcake. I'm not sure I will ever be able to look at one again. Damn you, red velvet...

Anywho, Michael and I spent Monday and Tuesday in bed, commiserating together over our poor luck. I pathetically saluted MLKJ's dream in between my own dreams. We realized last night that we actually slept more than Thumbs. I rocked an awesome hairdo that would make Marge Simpson jealous. Michael managed to remove his retainer a mere second before upchucking. My stomach, back, neck, and EYEBALLS hurt from ralphing so much. I distinctly remember telling myself at 3am that no matter how cold/good the toilet felt, it was not a good idea to rest my head on it. I refuse to admit whether or not I listened to that voice.

HOT COUPLE ALERT.

We both went back to work today and by 9:30 were emailing one another asking if it was time to go home yet. We clung to our caffeine-free drinks and saltine crackers and by this evening found something we'd lost for days: our appetites.

The only upside to this tragic tale? My pants were huge on me this morning. I realize this moment will last exactly 37 seconds but I'll take it.

*HUGE thanks to Michael's parents for bringing us Sierra Mist and Saltines. I don't care how old you are, when you're sick you just want your parents. From the bottom of our hearts and empty stomachs, we are so grateful.

8 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Sounds like the classic Ebola. Seriously, I can't believe you guys got so sick! We ate the same things as you and were fine...perhaps you got the dreaded stomach bug that has been going around (and that we've already had & thus have an immunity to??). No fun, but sick days home from work are!

Laura said...

yuck! Sorry. glad it's over!

Melissa said...

not fun. we were there a few months ago and it brought back the pain reading yalls experience. i totally agree with the mom statement!! glad they could help!!! poor things.

Jax said...

Sorry you were sick! Icks! That's so nice of Michael's parents to bring you stuff... I so agree. When you're sick, you just want the parentals. Glad you're both feeling better! I hate that the last thing you eat before getting sick is the last time you'll eat it for a LONG time... regardless whether it was the cause...I haven't been back to Sonoma (on brookside) in um... a year..and Eric wont go to Braums...

Laura said...

So sorry you were sick...I wrote about that very fear a few weeks ago! But like your upside-it's like that line in The Devil Wears Prada: "I'm one stomach flue away from my goal weight!" Hope you feel 100% soon!

Laura said...

*flu not flue. I don't think your fireplace has anything to do with your sickness!

Candace said...

boo!! So sorry you were sick! I hope the rest of this week flies by for you and you can just relax this weekend!!! and i think its only natural to want your mom in those moments, no matter how "grown up" we are ;)

Lisa said...

No, not Sprinkles!! Hope you guys get to feeling better soon :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...