Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hooray for May!

I realize I might be a bit biased, but I just love the month of May. Temperature is perfect, flowers are in bloom, and it just happens to be the birth month of one of my favorite people... (ha!)

This past weekend we drove with Steve and Kait to Kansas City for Summer's wedding!! It was a beautiful weekend, she was a fantastic bride, and it was another great reunion for the TU kids. Weird to think that Summer and I were roommates almost 8 years ago. It is so nice to still be friends with someone so many years later.

We took a ton of pictures but they start to get a little repetitive--I've posted a few below.












Before we left for the wedding Michael laid out some of his shoes for packing purposes. The next morning he was brushing his teeth and noticed one of his shoes in our bedroom was staring back at him. Good ol' Thumbs wanted so badly to belong! Thank goodness Michael's foot is not that wide!




Last night Michael and I went to see one of our J-Life students in her middle school play. It was a modern version of Midsummer Night's Dream. The kids did a really great job and we were both impressed. It was weird to be sitting in an audience surrounded by middle schoolers who all wore more makeup than me and were texting on their cell phones throughout the evening. I definitely felt old. Michael and I discussed whether we would have been the kids in the play or the kids in the audience and both decided we would have been up on the stage. (Believe it or not, Michael used to be the young actor--took drama A and B and had a few leads in school plays. He told me this last night after I doubted his decision that he would indeed be on stage with me.)

I almost don't want to say (type) this because I'm so terrified of jinxing the beautiful moment, but Michael and I have a FREE weekend this weekend. No wedding, no traveling, nothing! I am going to savor every second of it since we go back to busy weekends immediately afterwards.

Last but certaintly not least, Michael gave me my birthday present a few weeks early. In our 3 years of being together, we have NEVER waited until the appropriate day and this was no exception. Last Friday as we were getting ready to leave for KC he said, "I think I want to give you your gift now so you can take it with you this weekend." It is a beautiful purse that I spotted several months ago! He bought it before Valentine's Day so it even had the Valentine's Day wrapping (talk about thinking ahead)! I immediately switched all of my stuff to the new purse and carried it all weekend. What a great gift!!



I believe that is it for now. Tonight is the grand line-up of television: Office, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost. 3 great shows, 3 totally different story lines, 1 perfect night of television. Happy May Day to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you realize that Thumbs was trying to hide in his shoe so you would pack her up and take her with you????
Mom

Anonymous said...

That would be very optimistic for Thumbs to think she could fit in anyone's shoe!

Is Michael sporting a new do?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...