Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Like the Godfather with My Days of the Week

When I was young and still had 3 glorious months of summer vacation, I would lose track of the date (or the day for that matter). I thought it was a Tuesday when indeed it was a Friday. I used to consider losing track a success, proof that I really was on vacation without a care in the world. I am back to confusing dates, yet I don't consider it a success. In fact, I think it is full-force delirium from being in 3 different states in 2 weeks and also being sick twice. Not only do I not know what day it is, I have a hard time remembering if it is March or April, or God forbid, we're back in February. I need a true vacation--one that does not involve long plane/car rides or late nights. I need a beach during the day and I need my pajamas by 8:00 at night. And if I'm really being honest, I need my vacation to last approximately 55+ years so I can retire afterwards.

Enough complaining. I have checked my calendar and it is March 19, 2008. A Wednesday. Wednesdays are typically good days for me--I am enough of an optimist that I consider the workweek "half over" and I'm already looking forward to my 4th favorite day of the week--Thursday! I'm especially excited about this week since Michael and I both have Good Friday off. 3 day weekends--the next best thing to 55 year vacations!!

In reference to my last post, Michael and I drove to StL on Friday and had a great time. We arrived at dinnertime and Michael Brannan put together a fabulous meal of salmon with crab stuffing, shrimp pasta, and a salad (obviously my least favorite of the bunch but still delicious). We drank some wine and caught up with the new parents. We were able to meet Maddilyn but she was pretty tired and preferred sleep to entertaining 2 strangers (can't say I blame her). We went to the St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday and then had lunch with Emily and Jake. It was fun to see them and the 6 of us had a nice time catching up. We had dinner with Melissa's family for her mom's birthday and then we left pretty early Sunday morning so we could make it back in time for our Dave Ramsey class. We made it back in plenty of time.

...We didn't go.

In our defense, we were away all weekend and a 6-hour car trip REALLY takes it out of you. Instead we came home and relaxed the rest of the day, which was so nice. Michael and I decided on the trip home that we want to go on a NICE vacation every other year and then on the off year we can either (a) save up for the following year's vacation or (b) buy something nice for the house. Of course we'll be saving money too but we feel it is very important to treat ourselves to something nice once a year as long as we have the means to do so. We both love to travel and it is a great "hobby" of ours. Not to mention,once the little ones are around vacations change drastically, and we want our share of nice beaches and fruity drinks before we trade them in for bottles and mouse ears. Kapeesh?

I have no pictures to post--my apologies!! Both sets of parents are coming in for Easter this weekend and we're really looking forward to it. I saw mom for a (short) day last week but it's been awhile since I've seen dad. It'll be great to have them here for more than a few hours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...