Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014

Hello, old friend.

It's been two months since my last post - a lot has happened and one post couldn't begin to cover it, so I'm going to give myself grace and move right along.

Well, maybe a highlight reel is necessary... for prosperity's sake.
  • Sloane might be the funniest little person I know.  Michael and I spend our days cracking up at her antics as well as being a little terrified of our future with this sneaky, silly girl.  The world is her stage, and the rest of us are merely players (I just butchered Shakespeare but you get the point).  She got her first haircut (Jude got his 8th) and is the cutest little pixie I know. 
  • Jude the Dude is pure sweetness in a 33-pound body.  All he wants to do is hug his friends and make out with everything in site (it's not concerning at all) (hide your daughters).  And big news for this guy - he's currently on Nordstrom's website, sporting a dapper bow tie! It's silly to be so excited about it but we may have visited the page 10+ times the day we found out. Michael joked that Jude now refers to himself as "The Talent." 
  • We LOVE our new home.  We still have random boxes to unpack and pictures to hang, but we're just so happy to be here.  One day it will be practically perfect in every way (in our eyes) but we're taking our time to get it there.  Until then, it is loud and chaotic and messy and FUN.
  • Twin Talk is alive and thriving - it's my third baby and I'm so grateful for the connections made through the blog.  It's something I so desperately wanted while I was pregnant and makes the twin journey a little less daunting and no longer isolating.  I'm so excited for 2015!
  • I also started a fun little apparel biz with my twin mom friends in DFW: Multiplicitees (yes, it's purposefully misspelled).  I love these girls and have been so blessed by their friendship.  We have lots of fun ideas in store for 2015 - woohoo!
  • Michael changed his work hours to 7-4p so the commute is less daunting and he gets several hours with the kids each night.  This has been HUGE for all of us.  By 5p I'm waving the white flag and we are all ready for dad to be home.  He continues to be the rock of our family (though Jude is slowly creeping up on him and will probably be the strongest family member by 2016).  
  • Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful! Lots of family time both here and Arkansas. It is so fun seeing them around their cousins - the past few times consisted of independent play but this time they played together so well! 
Overall, the kiddos are doing really well and are the very definition of toddlers. Lots of highs and lows, sometimes happening within one minute. Jude loves to build tall towers and Sloane loves to destroy them. Sloane loves to color masterpieces (as well as remove each crayon's clothes) and Jude loves to throw her artwork on the floor. But then I'll I look up and they're in their own twin world, laughing or hugging and I realize for the one billionth time that I'm so, so lucky. 

2014 was an amazing year.  Of course it had its ups and downs but it was my very favorite year to date.

I have a few resolutions for 2015 but my main one is to be intentional with my time. I'm not a busy person - I have friends who do more things in one day than I do in a week.  But at the end of each day I feel overwhelmed and behind due to poor time management. And what's worse, when I'm in the middle of something, I'm oftentimes thinking of what comes next. My advice for myself last year was to BE PRESENT and most days I failed miserably.  So here's to a new year and a more organized me. 

If 2015 is half as good as 2014, I'll be thrilled!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Pics from the last two months in absolutely no order...











 

 



















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...