Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jude & Sloane's Mom

Not long ago I was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile.  She asked how I was doing and I replied, "The kids are great.  They are into absolutely everything."  It didn't even dawn on me until I'd already replied that she didn't ask about the kids.  She asked about me.

My response was probably pretty typical for a stay-at-home-mom.  Look at my Instagram account.  My facebook account.  My blog.  Michael and I include ourselves in pictures every once in awhile to prove we still exist, but the majority of our pictures and stories are of the twins. 

This is not a sob story.  I love my life.  My messy, crazy, diaper-filled life.  But something finally clicked.  I realized it doesn't make me a bad mom if I allow myself to have a life outside of them.

And it was like the sun came out after too many rainy days. 

One of the first things I did after this realization was submit a few articles to TWINS Magazine (yes, writing an article about parenting right after I decided I could be more than "just a mom" is quite ironic).   Being published has always been on my bucket list but I never felt I had anything important to say.  I figured I'd give it a shot and when I didn't hear back for a few months I decided they were not interested.  Bruised ego for sure, but not hearing anything led me to pursue something I've been wanting to do since I was pregnant, which I will explain more in the upcoming weeks.  Last week they released the 30th anniversary edition of TWINS Magazine and I found out they published one of my articles!  I was so excited.  (Still excited.  Too excited.)

The article is a blog post I wrote last April. 

So there's a tiny tidbit of my life right now.  I have more to share and I plan to do so more consistently.  I love being Jude and Sloane's mom.  I love being Michael's wife.  I love being a life group member and an amateur photographer and a casual writer.  And I love that I don't have to choose just one.



I posted this news on Instagram last week and was overwhelmed by the kind words.   Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to say such nice things.  Means more to me than you will ever know. 

6 comments:

Sarah Tucker said...

Meredith! What a great article!!

Aubrey said...

So cool! Way to go, Merd! I remember nodding along when I read this blog post, and it looks even better in PRINT!

Leslie said...

How did I miss this on Instagram!?! So cool! Proud of you, friend!

Amber Massey said...

You are one of a kind, sweetest friend. So proud of you and oh, so thankful!

Susie said...

Way to go!,

Melissa Brannan said...

Oh wow! Very cool!! LOVE your words!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...