Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Babies Update - 24 Weeks

This morning we had our monthly appointments with the Perinatologist and OB.  I told Michael this was the first time I was just excited about the appointments.  Don't get me wrong, I'm always excited but there is also a bit of fear that goes with it.  Not this time!  Ok, a little bit o' fear creeped in five minutes before the sonogram but that's normal, right? :)

Jude and Sloane look fantastic--lots of movement and still very big.  They weigh a little under two pounds each and are both measuring almost two weeks ahead of schedule.  Two specifics from this appointment: Jude's head is still enormous--all three of us laugh when the doctor takes his head measurement (poor kid), and Sloane has some looooong legs--no clue where she gets that.  :)  They're both head down and taking up the majority of my stomach but are still close enough to one another that it's the cutest thing you've (ok, we've) ever seen.  Neither are thumb suckers but I think that's because they're too busy punching me or one another.

I'll be honest, the sonogram pictures aren't great.  They're getting so big and moving so rapidly that it's hard to get a clear shot.  The best pictures are of their private parts but Michael and I vowed to never post (nor take) pictures of said privates.  Let's just say they're still very much a boy and a girl.

Next up: my appointment.  My blood pressure is great and weight is right on track.  I've gained 20 pounds so I can safely say I will not pull a Jessica Simpson (famous last words) nor will I be one who people fear has not gained enough weight.  My doctor doesn't take the stomach measurement as one does with a singleton but when a woman is carrying almost four pounds of one baby she is around 32 weeks.  I think it is very safe to say I look every bit of 32 weeks. YOWZA! :)

I had an amazing baby shower this past weekend and am waiting on some pictures so I'll just post a bump picture for now (taken before the shower) and do a separate post soon.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words.  While these weekly updates are fun for us I realize they can get very wordy.  I appreciate those who have stuck with us through this incredible journey!  I will reward you with a bombardment of pictures once they finally arrive (and yes, that statement is dripping with sarcasm but is closer to the truth than I care to admit).  Thanks again for being awesome--you're the best!

24 Weeks!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

You look fab. Love that dress. And I remember being disappointed at Rhett's later ultrasounds to check on his kidneys because I never got a good picture, and towards the end I couldn't even see his face anymore because he was so big and head-down. The good news is that it just builds the suspense for when you finally see them in person, which won't be long now! :)

The Echols Family said...

It was so so great seeing you last weekend. You look gorgeous and have the most adorable baby(ies) belly!! I am so happy for you, and absolutely love reading your updates and seeing the pictures!
So happy that both babies are growing big and strong, and you are right on track! Great job on growing TWO precious lives, momma!

katandkarl said...

Don't tell anyone but I often prefer pregnancy updates over new baby updates. DONT TELL. Pregnancy is just hilarious in it's gorgeousness (and its misery!).

Ashley said...

You look gorgeous as always! I love your top. Glad the babies are doing great!

Kaitlin said...

Looking good, mama!! So happy to hear the babies are doing so well--sounds like you guys are going to have two chubby babies- my favorite!!

Amber Massey said...

So cute! I saw Jacqueline after your shower on Sunday and she said you looks just precious. Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm glad you had a successful check-up. I always get a touch of anxiety before every appointment, too. I'm so jealous of your 'healthy' weight gain.. I'm at 18 weeks now and have gained, well- 18 pounds! The weight just keeps on coming! My doc is pleased, but my confidence is somewhat bruised on occasion:) We scheduled our 24 week perinatology appt yesterday- September 6th! Can't wait:) Can I ask who your doc is? Our plan of care seems so similar- so I'm just curious (nosey) :)

Candace said...

i love reading these updates ;) so glad everyone is doing well!! brw, such a cute family of 5 (we can't forget thumbs :) )

emily said...

You look great! Glad to hear all is well. And I also love to read your updates!!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You look fantastic Meredith and except for the region above those babies it's all baby (sorry, couldn't help it). Was so great to see you last weekend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...