Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Heart

We've had two gatherings of the photography club and one lesson. I'm (now) all manual all the time so I'm very slow and meticulous with each shot (not because I'm good but because it takes me five minutes to figure out the shutter speed, ISO speed, aperture, etc).

Anyway, I asked Michael to be my male model and he begrudgingly obliged. Here's a few unedited shots from this evening. I'm not in love with them but I am in love with the subject so that counts for something right?

(This is not Michael but Miss Begonia in our front yard.)







What a crotchety old man! :)






Photography fans--any advice? I need all the help I can get!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I am no expert by any means, but I really like all the pictures! I think you did a great job. I'm so terrible at pictures with people. I think I'm much better at landscapes that I don't have to capture "in the moment." I'm excited to see more!

Susie said...

The last two are definitely my favorites! But, you focused well on the first one. A good stand-out begonia! Isn't digital the best?

Mom's the Word said...

Just keep practicing, it gets easier to remember everything and will become second nature. (That's what I tell myself!) Great shots, though!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ooooh, very nice blurring! I still vote we have a photog outing--surely there's something within walking distance for us to practice on. And how nice that you had such a willing participant at home. :)

Kaitlin said...

I'm no help, still figuring ours out! But, great pics :) And, I like the new blog "do" too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...