Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

We're back from Wauconda! I am busy at work this week so this post will be a lot of pictures and not so many words. Mom and I left Tulsa at about 1p on Friday and drove to St. Louis. Spent the evening with Melissa, Michael, and Maddilyn. It was great to see them and hold little Maddi! (I've decided I can handle seven month olds--it's the newborns that terrify me!) We left early Saturday morning and drove to Pontiac, IL for Michelle's family baby shower. Mom was nice enough to rent a few books on cd so we listened to David Baldacci's The Collectors. It took the entire trip there and back to complete the book--quite the doozy.

Below are pictures from the shower. There were so many kids (three of them were under two months old)! I was a little frustrated because I felt the attention was on the kids at times and not Michelle. She, however, was thrilled that so many of them came. I guess that's a good sign since she will have one of her own in a few months. :) She received some great gifts and it was nice to see everyone. She did not receive many clothes (because there are ZERO cute unisex clothes) so Michael and I were given permission to spend all of our money on clothes once the baby was born and not worry about buying the boring stuff... like strollers. :)







After the shower we drove to Wauconda (another two hours) and had dinner at an adorable restaurant. It looked like an old house and we ate on the front porch. Wauconda is a lake town (found out this weekend it used to be a vacation resort) so their neighborhood is right next to water. It's beautiful. Sunday was spent lounging around the house and catching up with the future parents. We went out again for dinner at another great restaurant, which was right on the water and gave us a great view of several boats! Before we went to dinner we took the traditional Besancon family pictures (I'm not sure we could function without a camera)...





Being weird Aunt Merdi...



SHOCKED!

SAD (Justin's face looks absolutely pitiful):

How we felt after the 37 day trip from hell:


Unfortunately, Monday was spent entirely on the road. 12 hours total. It was pretty brutal but mom and I still managed to have a great time. Michael was at a fantasy football draft when we arrived home (I thought those only happened in the movies. Nope, turns out they're real) but he'd left me an adorable "welcome back" gift. How cute is this little guy? I believe he thinks this will be enough to keep me from moving to San Diego and working at the zoo. Not a chance, sucka!!!! :)



That's it from me! Wish I could write more but unfortunately my to-do list keeps growing.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

ha...i think our husbands would get along. Jason's headed to OKC this weekend for the annual "draft party"...they make a weekend out of the event. Guys in their league drive from all over. So you're not alone :)

Emily said...

cute pics! Where did you get your adorable grey sweater?? you have the cutest clothes!

Leslie said...

Let's just make sure that Dana the Manatee doesn't find out about this new koala obsession of yours. After all these years, it just might put her over the edge.

Julie Caroline said...

Break out the birdhouses. Weird Aunt Merd is comin to town hahaha. I miss your fam. Michelle looks great! As does Justin especially in that 37 day vacation picture. But why didn't you guys bring the nutcrackers?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...