Monday, January 5, 2009

So Much For 2 Weeks...

I talked to my mom tonight and heard dad yell in the background, "What's the big news?!" I paused out of confusion so mom continued, "Yea... is there something you need to tell us? The blog..." Oh no.

I am not pregnant.

I am NOT pregnant.

I AM not pregnant.

Sorry, I did not mean to lead anyone to that conclusion. When that day happens, I will be shouting it from the roof tops with those crazy chimney sweepers. So don't you worry. (Sidenote: It will not be happening anytime soon.)

My "fun news," which is now not that fun compared to a grandkid, is Michael and I decided to do the OKC Memorial half marathon in April. See? Fun for me, not so much for you. I wasn't going to say anything because we JUST started training. I didn't want to announce it to the world and then become a loser and not do it. So now that I've announced it to each of you, I'm 100% committed! I completed the OKC half in 2007 with Kait and LOVED it. Last year I was in a friend's wedding that same weekend so I took a year off and am ready to do it again. Our church's marriage retreat conflicts with the marathon but we decided 16 weeks of training together would probably bring us closer than a 48-hour retreat. And this way I get to see my husband's great legs every day (if you are single--find the nearest soccer player and MARRY him)!

I wish I could say we're going to run all 13.1 miles but that is just silly. My stupid back would never allow it, and let's be honest, that is A LOT of miles to run.

So there you have it. Next time you see me, ask me how many times I've worked out that week. Then tell me it's not enough and to get down and give you 20. And then when I can only do one half of one push-up, we can laugh about it together.

3 comments:

Haley Nicodemus said...

I totally thought you were preggers! Ha! Good luck with the marathon training...I've heard it's a bitch but one of the most rewarding things ever!

Aubrey said...

I never thought you were pregnant for a second. But it made me laugh out loud that your parents' minds went there first. Isn't it funny how it seems that the minute parents get their daughters married off they immediately start thinking about the next generation? Oh what fabulous grandparents they are/will be to your children too!

Good luck with that marathon stuff, speed racer. Better you than me, that's all I'm going to say. :)

Emily said...

yeah for you and micheal:) so proud of yall:) Amy and allison have done it and said it was a good self achievement:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...