1. Michael went upstairs this morning and found Sloane in Jude's crib. She'd taken the changing pad off the table and used it in her crib as a ramp/step to get to his. They were both laughing and jumping up and down. We couldn't believe it.
2. We went to the Coppell Farmers Market and let the kids play on the playground. Left with two happy kids, some hatch cheese nibbles for Michael, and an almond croissant for me.
3. After naps we visited the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. We went last year and had a nice time. Today was a whole new level of excitement. Jude was the happiest we've ever seen him - he was truly in his element. He couldn't get enough of the pumpkins, the hay bales, the tractors, etc. It was so fun to watch. Sloane wasn't quite as enthused but still had a wonderful time. We let them run around for the most part and then went on a hayride. Right before we left they met Mickey & Minnie - Jude & Sloane greeted them like old friends.
4. We ended the day at Bahama Bucks (snow cone place), where Jude proceeded to eat more than half of mine. Sloane isn't into sweets so she had a few bites and declared herself done. They have some outdoor games so we taught the kids the lovely game of tether ball. Sloane was a huge fan. Jude cared more about the cars in the parking lot. :)
5. We put the kids to bed and started packing a bit. I went upstairs to check on them and found Jude in the hamper and Sloane stuck between the hamper and the wall. So apparently the whole "climbing out of the crib" business was not a one-time thing. I ended up sitting in the rocker until they fell asleep. We will be taking down one side of their cribs tomorrow!
This is such a fun age. It's also terrifying. But mostly fun. :)
Recreating the crib escape (Jude played the part of Sloane)
"Wait for meeeee!"
One of my favorite Jude moments to date. He bolted for the fence and climbed up like a pro.
And a few pictures from last year's visit to the pumpkin patch. Hold me.