Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm A Blogging Fool!

Check it out--this is like the 84th post from me this week.

THIS one, however, is quite special. Any guesses? Ok, time's up. It is my 100th post--can you believe it? Those of you who have stuck with me from the very beginning (thanks, by the way) have endured 100 little pieces of my life--some good, others cheesy, and some downright ridiculous (Inspector Gadget, anyone?).

Unfortunately for YOU, I do not have insightful news to discuss for this celebratory entry, so you'll have to forgive me for what I do plan on discussing: junk mail.

I have no idea why but my work email gets THE most junk mail I have ever seen. And before you start snickering, I don't visit or subscribe to any inappropriate websites so knock if off. Actually, I think the entire staff gets bogged down with it. On an average day around 50 emails find their way to the junk pile. 50!! Each morning I quickly scan to make sure none ended up in the pile by mistake and then I delete them all. This morning I noticed the typical "Enjoyable steamy nights will come soon" or "Quality watches at 25% discount" emails before I ran across one that made me pause.

"Set your wife on fire."

What the hell!? I actually looked around my office to make sure no one saw this. What if the FBI (or whoever it is) took this moment on this day to read all of my personal emails and here I have Philip Edwards and his sick arsonist email glaring back at me. Who would ever want to murder their wife--especially by setting her on fire? And who would ever read the email to find out how to do it?

Well, my friends, the answer is me. My curiosity was at an all-time high and I wanted to know what this sicko had to suggest. As I read the email I learned that working at a church has turned me into one innocent little girl. The post was definitely not about setting your wife on fire in the literal sense but in other ways (nudge, nudge). I laughed out loud and then deleted the post (because the FBI doesn't really need to know about that stuff either).

So for any of you who were hoping to hear exactly HOW you can set your own wife on fire, my suggestion is to pick up the latest Cosmo magazine.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, Marshawn! Thanks for the good laugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...