Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cause I've Got One Hand In My Pocket...

Something I forgot to mention in yesterday's post: I saw Miss Alanis Morissette in concert last night. Several girls went and we had a great time! When I found out several months ago that she was coming to Tulsa I asked Michael if he wanted to go. His face was priceless.

I was scared--very scared--that she would not play songs from her first cd, Jagged Little Pill (aka. one of the greatest cds ever, which also happened to be my very FIRST cd). She did not disappoint.

She was not normal. A little scary even. Actually, if you watch the first minute of this video I think it explains her better than I ever could. I was expecting cute girl in the front seat. Oh no. She was crazy girl in the back seat. I have no idea how she didn't have a massive headache from swinging her hair/head around so much. Very bizarre.



We had 7th row seats, which were perfect. I took some pictures with my phone but couldn't figure out how to zoom in. Oops.




There are moments in life you know you'll remember forever. Being in a room with 2000 other females (and about 50 males) singing "You Oughta Know" at the top of your lungs was definitely one of them for me.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I have a random memory of the four of us driving back from a day trip to Fayetteville, turning down the round off-ramp from 540 onto Rogers, singing (aka yelling) Alanis. Nothing wrong with some good old-fashioned cathartic music.

Susie said...

I can totally hear you, Jules, Leslie, and Melissa in the convertible singing that tune!
Wow...such memories...was it really that long ago?
Mom

Emily said...

ahhh alanis! Love her!!! Wish i could of joined your guys!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...