1. What is your name and do you have any nicknames? Meredith Leigh (pronounced “Mewadiff Wee” until I was about 8—there is a cassette tape to prove it). Merd, Merdi, Mere.
2. What color are your socks right now? Not wearing socks (but I only own white)
3. What are you listening to right now? Someone making coffee.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Cilantro dip and chips. At 9:30a in the morning. Hey, if you don’t grab it fast, that stuff is GONE.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I’m quite the pro--my first car was a stick shift. And yes, that makes me cooler than you.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Anna!
7. Last place you went on vacation? I guess if we’re talking about a TRUE vacation, it would have been Sanibel Island last July.
8. What Hobbies do you have? Reading. Does blogging count? Does watching TV count? When I actually make an effort to run I enjoy it.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Now that I understand it, I actually like football. But my limit is one game.
10. What is your favorite drink? Coca-Cola. Pepsi can take a hike.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Unfortunately yes, which has resulted in an endless cycle of doom that’s lasted 10 years. My mom let me get highlights when I was on the homecoming court and I’ve never looked back.
12. Favorite food? Butter
13. What is the last movie you watched? Avatar (I know, I’m so original)
14. Favorite day of the year? I’ve answered this before. Any day that falls in the “summer” category.
15. How do you vent anger? I stew on it for a good 3 hours and then I either talk to Michael or call my mom.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Teddy Ruxpin (and Grubby!)
17. What is your favorite season? Read my answer to #14 and use your context clues.
18. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries. At one point we had fresh blueberries, blueberry breakfast bars, and blueberry cereal in our house. Michael hated life a little bit that week.
19. What is your occupation right now? CCIP/Underwriting Assistant. Yeah, me neither.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? An author
21. What state do you live and what State or Country would you like to live some day? The great state of Texas. (I saw a car the other day that had three, yes THREE identical bumper stickers that proclaimed, “Don’t Mess with Texas.” I almost ran off the road from rolling my eyes.) I am actually very happy here and have no plans of moving anytime soon (or ever).
22. Living arrangements? Husband and a fat cat.
23. Do you have any pets? Thumbs Mageezer, the greatest cat in the world (world, world, world)
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and clothes
25. What are three of your favorite items at the moment? Our new bed, Michael’s glasses (so hot right now), and a new pair of pants that I plan on buying this weekend (foreshadowing if you will…)
26. What did you do last night? Read a book, ate Chipotle, and watched the Biggest Loser.
27. Any news you want to share? Hmm… Well… No, I guess not.
28. What do you like on your hamburgers? Cheese and mustard. Tis all.
29. Favorite dog breed? English bulldog! Named Mistah Dahcy or Harry Pottah (yes, I have thought this through)
30. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
31. How many states have you lived in? Three (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas)
32. Diamonds or pearls? Yes
33. What is your favorite flower? I love tulips and calla lilies. And lately I’ve been a huge fan of peonies.
34. Favorite meal you have had at a restaurant and which restaurant was it? The pizza at some restaurant on our 37-day-trip-from-hell. None of us know if it was THAT good or if we were just really hungry.
35. What music are you currently listening to? NPR lately.
36. What is one fun thing you are looking forward to in the upcoming year? I am looking forward to our 10-year reunion and I am also looking forward to it being over. :)