I have become a bad blogger. Oh the SHAME. I had full plans of writing a lengthy and poetic post dedicated to 2009 and then I found something that would allow my creativity to be smashed once again. And of course I jumped right on that bandwagon.
(Here's to 2010 and better posts.)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Worked for three different companies (not at the same time—who do you think I am?)
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make resolutions anymore due to my track record of keeping them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Quite a few people actually! I’m terrified I might leave someone out so I’m just going to throw out a number and say 42 friends of mine adopted or gave birth in 2009. I might have rounded up a bit.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but a few people close to my friends died, and that can be just as hard.
5. What countries did you visit?
I've come to realize that many people think Texas really is a country. And all this time I thought it was a funny joke.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
The same job. All 365 days. :)
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
A crappy day in March and a fabulous day in June. Done.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I learned how to paint a room!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking two months to get a job
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Actually no, which is fabulous
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Furniture for our living room!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Wow, did we just time travel to the 19th century? What a weirdly worded question. Anywho. I know this is cheesy and corny and “OMG does she have one ounce of creativity in her?” but I am so proud of Michael. He went through a lot this year and did it with dignity and grace (and hotness). He never once felt sorry for himself, never once put himself first, never once complained. I am humbled by my husband and thank God for him every day.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jon and Kate (minus 8—their kiddos are still cute)
14. Where did most your money go?
Nordstrom (stupid discount!!!) (…I MISS YOU!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Dallas. We’d always thought we’d end up here eventually but when the decision was made I got pretty giddy. I miss Tulsa and my friends immensely and I also miss being two hours away from my parents, but I know this was the right decision and every time I start to doubt myself I visit Crate & Barrel and find my inner peace once again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I love this question because I remember a lot of moments by songs that were popular at the time. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything that REALLY pops out this year. However.... I can’t hear Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” without wanting to dance or thinking about Kait’s wedding in January when I actually forced 8 other girls to dance just like me. Good Lord I’m a motivator when I want to be. I would also like to add that Kanye is a jerk and it was definitely NOT the best video of all time.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, haven’t stepped on the scale in ages but my clothes still fit so that’s good, and I’m not talking about our salaries on here (because it’s none of yo bidness). However, if we keep buying furniture (bedroom is next!) we will definitely be poorer. :)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In the Fort with my family! It was so wonderful to see everyone (pictures coming SOON!)
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock. I really want to meet Liz Lemmon because I think we could be life-long friends.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Ah hate, such a strong word. But no, I can’t really think of anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Harry Pottah—all seven of them. If only he looked and sparkled like Edward Cullen….
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
As in, me personally? Still nothing. But every time I watch Glee I want to pay someone big bucks to teach me how to sing and dance at the same time. One more plug for that fabulous show—you really should watch it. Oh and I’m still in love with that Taylor Swift/Coldplay piano mash-up.
26. What did you want and get?
Eh, this question bores me.
27. What did you want and not get?
A leather jacket from Ted Baker that costs more than my left arm (and that’s a fact--I did the math)
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
This question stresses me out because I saw a lot of great movies and I’m afraid I’ll say one and then later remember another one that was BETTER. Oh well, I just saw Invictus so I’ll say it(and I guarantee I’m going to be thinking about this question 4 days from now…)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27 on May 12. My mom came up because it was the middle of the week and Michael was already in Dallas.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No regrets. We’re both happy and healthy and I think if you have both of these things going for you you’re in pretty great shape.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Odd for sure. I wore work attire for 6 months, then I was introduced to the world of leggings (and, oh yes, jeggings), crazy tops, tall boots and fun jewelry for about 2 months, and now I’m back to work attire (with an edge—I couldn’t leave behind everything I learned at Nordstrom) :)
32. What kept you sane?
Thumbs. She has a way of making you realize your life could be so much worse.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pretty pumped about our President right now.
34. Who did you miss?
Anyone that wasn't a short car-ride away.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Katie Walker! :)
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I’m not going to quote the “Everything happens for a reason” mumbo jumbo, but I will say… Everything has a silver lining, but only if you’re willing to look hard for it. FIND IT. And if it takes awhile, Jack in the Box tacos are good company while you search.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I wish we could open our eyes, to see in all directions at the same time. Oh what a beautiful view, if you were never aware of what was around you.” Death Cab