Lately I've found myself shaking my head and muttering, "I don't get it." A lot. I realize this statement makes me sound like an idiot and I'm not going to completely reject that theory, but I figured I'd share some "I don't get it" moments and see if you agree with me.
1. If you're a fan of blinking Christmas lights, why must you also use the non-blinking lights on the same tree? It just looks weird. I want all or none to blink. This one-strand-blinking business just makes me think I'm having a mini-seizure. I don't get it.
2. Today I was driving to meet Michael for lunch and passed a guy advertising a certain illegal drug on his back windshield, complete with picture and local phone number. I also drove past a pretty bad car accident involving two women my age. What made both of these situations odd was that there were two police cars driving next to me the entire time, yet neither stopped for the wreck or pulled over drug paraphernalia dude. But I get a $217 speeding ticket. I don't get it.
3. How are all of the extremely young couples on House Hunters able to afford $750,000 homes? Makes for great television but... I don't get it.
4. Speaking of television, how is The View still on the air? And who the hell is Wendy Williams? I don't get it.
5. My stomach keeps growing and I'm not pregnant. I'm going to start featuring weekly "bump pictures" on the blog. Unfortunately, I don't have an expected due date so I'm not sure how to label them. It might look suspicious when I reach 47 weeks and am still growing. What's going on, stomach? I don't get it.
5. How am I 27-years-old and just now learning about gummy multi-vitamins for adults? Are they new? The way I see it, there is nothing better than taking two great things and throwing them together. Why yes I'll have my Vitamin C in gummy form, thank you! I'm glad I didn't know about these in college, I might have overdosed on vitamins after a long night out. But really, these things should have been created years ago. I don't get it.
So there's a small sampling of my latest "I don't get it" moments. I'm hoping at least one of you nodded in agreement with me, otherwise I really am an idiot. Yikes.