Monday, September 8, 2008

Reason 264 I Do Not Like Fantasy Football

I do not understand Fantasy Football. A few weeks ago Michael spent 6 hours with friends and picked his team. I recently learned you can switch/trade players throughout the competition. Why would you spend 6 hours picking your players if your intent was to discard some? Whatever happened to loyalty, the word I thought was synonomous with football? And SPEAKING of loyalty, I was so confused yesterday...

Sidenote 1: Michael is a HUGE Cowboys fan.
Sidenote 2: I do not know football jargon. If something below is worded funny, it is not intentional (especially if it is Michael who is saying it).

(Scene: Sunday evening; Michael and Meredith in the living room, curled up on the couch watching the Cowboys...)

Michael: I think the Cowboys are going to get a touchdown. Come on Romo... Come on... Dangit Romo!! Nooo!

Meredith: It's ok, they moved forward, Cowboys will score on the next play!

Michael: No, they needed to score with Romo. If they push forward I don't get credit for it. Stupid Romo.

Meredith: (Confused face)

Thumbs: (Confused face)

Announcer: Toooouchdown for the Cowboys!!!

Meredith & Thumbs: Wooohooo!!!

Michael: Damnit!!!

(End of scene. Michael appears frustrated, Meredith throws her hands in the air and leaves to find a good book...)

I never thought I would see the day when Michael would curse the Cowboys for scoring. It was hard enough to learn the rules of football but Fantasy Football is a whole other world.

And I am drawing the line.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Just be glad that he is doing fantasy football, which only requires one day per week of updating/score checking. Jonathan does baseball (and has for the past 5 years with the same group!). They play baseball EVERY DAY which means that he's checking stuff EVERY DAY. Kills me. But it gives him a way to keep up with his guy friends, so for that I am thankful. Kinda.

Heather said...

I also don't understand how the draft process can be so stressful and hard and not that much fun. I would think spending 6 hours with friends picking players would be a leisure activity. Clearly I do not understand the male psyche.

Emily said...

ok.. I completely understand your frustration....football has taken over the tv and internet at our home. Ryan stayed up until 1230 on a monday night to watch the games... men and their football!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...