Does anyone else think Fall feels like a new beginning? I know most consider New Year's Day to be their "fresh start," but on that day I can barely zip my pants, my skin is dry and pale, I'm slightly hungover from too much bubbly, and all I can see in my future is February. On January 1, I feel exhausted. Fall, however, makes me want to become a better person. You can walk outside and not immediately gasp for breath due to the temps, the trees are prettier, moods are cheerier, and something about school supplies at Target makes me think, "This is it. My slate is clean."
Anyway, thought it was time to do another favorites post and I believe I will keep the subject matter Fall-related because it's just so damn great. For the record, my favorite season is and always will be summer. However, after experiencing 71 days of 100+ temps, I think I'm ready to exchange the tanks and shorts for boots and blazers.
1. Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum. This is some good stuff. Fall = drier skin. Wrinkles have declared war on my face and unfortunately, they are winning. I try to use it every night. (There are still plenty of nights I don't wash my face before bed. Haley--don't hate me.) I always use it in the morning on my forehead and laugh lines, but avoid the eye area because it can cause your eye makeup to run. Oh and did I mention Target makes their own knock-off version? It's a fraction of the price. Oil of Olay is reasonable, but Target still managed to beat 'em and it works just as well.
2. Lululemon Define Jacket. Let me start out with the bad news. It's not cheap. Not at all. But the fit will cause you to not bat an eye at the price tag (well, maybe a few bats, but no permanent damage). I am the proud owner of two and am a very happy customer. I wear them all of the time, especially when flying. I don't enjoy looking like a slob in public but I refuse to fly in uncomfortable clothes. This jacket is the perfect answer. Anyway, if I can put on a workout jacket and feel confident (and dare I say a wee bit sexy?), I consider it money well spent.
3. Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes. This stuff is SO GOOD. I think I could drink four cups a day but that's a bit ridiculous so I stick to one. I feel odd spending a lot of time writing about how something tastes so I'll just tell you to go try it. FYI - My mom had it and thought it was too sweet. Then again, my favorite drink at Starbucks is a white chocolate mocha so that doesn't surprise me.
4. Football. I know. I can't believe I, Meredith Leigh Besancon Haynes, just listed football as a favorite. Hear me out. I really do enjoy a game each weekend in the Fall. Please note, I said a game. Singular. I'm actually doing pretty well in my Fantasy league and due to my competitive nature, it's made football more fun. Not to mention, I love how happy it makes Michael.
5. Fall fashion. Oh it makes my heart happy. Sweaters, cardigans, scarves, plaid button-ups, leggings, boots, leopard-print, menswear inspired shoes, stacked bracelets, blazers.... I love it all. I think my limbs are silently screaming because they're being covered up but I always feel more "put together" in Fall attire. I included some of my recent favorites from Pinterest. Sorry, such a broad category. I also included a few of my latest shoe purchases (well, one was a gift from the Mr.), which are both very Fall and very comfortable! (I cannot get enough of mustard!)
The latest newcomers to my shoe shelves:
They're a bit quirky but hey, so am I. It works.
6. HeyTell App for the iPhone/iPad (holla!) or Android (don't holla). Ok, this has nothing to do with Fall but you will FALL in love with it. (eh? EHHH?) Not to mention, it's free! My friend at work told me about it a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. It's similar to a walkie-talkie and great if you're driving and need to send a quick message (quit it with the texting)! Michael's messages are something like, "Don't take 635--heavy traffic" or "I fed Thumbs this morning." My statements are closer to, "Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire?" and "Who do you love more: Me or ____ (fill in the blank with absolutely any person, place or thing)?"
So there you have it. Fantastically fun fall favorites from Feredith (I tried).
Do you have any fall favorites?
(Also--thanks for the sweet notes on my last post. Looking back, I should've turned off the ability to comment because my intent was to share my thoughts with you--not have it turn back to me. Anywho, from the bottom of my grateful heart, thank you.)