Laura's Writing Suggestion: 10 ways Michael and I are different
I texted Michael yesterday and asked him to think of five examples. After we put the twins to bed we discussed the day's events and I asked him if he'd come up with anything. He told me he never had a chance to think about it. Meanwhile, I'd spent the majority of the day thinking about it. So there's a perfect example of how we're different. :)
We came up with the following:
1. He folds his clothes meticulously. When he packs a suitcase, angels sing.
I "fold" clothes and throw them in a drawer. Sometimes my shirts are still inside out from the dryer.
2. He wakes up Saturday morning and is excited about a completely open day with no plans.
I wake up Saturday morning and want to discuss everything we're going to do that day. (Sidenote: I was like this before kids.)
3. He could watch "sports games" on television all day. Any sport. Any number of hours.
I call them sports games. And I can watch one a day--max.
4. He drives fast, whips in and out of lanes, and gets a very mild (ahem) case of road rage quite easily.
I drive five miles over the speed limit, wave to everyone, and don't realize I'm behind the car going 10 under the speed limit until it's way too late. (Sidenote: I was like this before kids.)
5. He hates fast food (but will eat it).
I ADORE fast food (and I eat it).
6. He is the most amazing gift giver. If I casually point to a watch in a magazine and say, "That's pretty," it will be my birthday gift seven months later. That actually happened.
I am a terrible gift giver. Absolutely terrible.
7. He doesn't mind grocery shopping, which means he makes the weekly Target runs.
I loathe grocery shopping. I'm always freezing and I have "aisle rage" (if there is such a thing). I also pick the slowest check-out line. Every. Single. Time.
8. He loves four hour movies. If they made five hour movies I'm sure he would love those too.
My limit is two hours. If you can't tell a story in 120 minutes, you're wasting my time.
9. He is an extreme collector. Books, comics, you name it. This can be dangerous.
I am an extreme purger. I throw away everything. This can be dangerous.
10. He loves the ceiling fan and wants it on all the time.
I'm not a fan (HA!) of the ceiling fan... unless it's time to sleep or I'm 6+ months pregnant.
This was fun! Thanks so much, Laura!