Monday, July 18, 2011

Peter Lik

Michael and I are on the Peter Lik Collectors email list, which means we receive an email anytime he unveils a new photograph. We’re also given “first dibs” to purchase. His popularity has increased quite a bit since we walked into his Lahaina Gallery almost 4 years ago so we now have approx 24 hours to drool over his new release before it sells out. It also means the amazing deal we received in Lahaina is a thing of the past. We are fortunate we purchased our first two when we did because I believe they will be our last (don’t tell Michael I said that—he’ll be so disappointed).

So that’s the back-story. Several months ago, all collectors received an email asking us to submit our Peter Lik story. If they liked it, the post would be featured on Peter Lik’s blog. I read the email, smiled to myself, and hit delete. My husband, unbeknownst to me, read the email, wrote our story, and hit submit.

You know where this is going don’t you?

Last week Michael received an email letting him know his story was chosen for their weekly feature. I read it and might have teared up. What a sweet guy.

Anyway, below is the link if you’re interested! It’s short and sweet, unlike most of my blog posts! Enjoy!

http://www.peterlikexposed.com/archives/2861

4 comments:

Melissa said...

ha that's AWESOME! did they throw in a free piece to the lucky winner??? (they should)

Jax said...

That is too freaking sweet! :) Totally thought of ya'll when we passed the gallery in Hawaii btw! I think I even took a photo of it, but I didnt tag you b/c well.. that's lame. But, I wanted to.. haha! :) Love this story. Good job, Michael!!

Leslie said...

Sweet Michael. I love those pieces in your home, especially the Impressions one. So beautiful! Seriously, I think the featured writer should have received a prize of a free piece of art!

Haley Nicodemus said...

Love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...