I haven't done one of these in awhile and thought it might be a nice way to end the year.
I present to you some of my (our) favorite finds of 2010...
1. Gap Tuxedo blazer. It's cute, it's comfortable, and it's cheap. I wear mine all of the time with a casual top, dark jeans, and heels (or flats). I believe I will be wearing it tomorrow when the clock strikes midnight!
2. Method "Refresh Mint" soap. I originally purchased it because it matched our dish towels (leave me alone). Now I'm hooked--I adore the scent. The last few times we've shopped at Target I've noticed their lime green scent is now cucumber and while that might be fine for some people, I need Refresh Mint. I will always support good soap with a clever name.
3. Penguin Classic books. Michael and I were wandering around Anthropologie earlier this year and noticed these books. They were a bit expensive so we left them at the store but Michael found them online for a great price and started our collection. We now have 20 and are expecting another 4 to arrive in a few months. Our goal is to actually read (or re-read) all of them.
4. Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker. My coffee addiction has reached new heights with this glorious masterpiece. Since Michael has yet to jump on the coffee wagon, this is perfect for us. Makes one cup of coffee for me and hot chocolate or hot tea for him. Overpriced? Yes. Life-changing? Yes.
5. Photography (10th edition). I was going to include my camera on this list but since I've already mentioned it (*if you're looking to buy one, I highly recommend a Canon Rebel t2i) I'll include this incredible book. It's actually a text book but it's perfect if you're really wanting to learn more about your camera and lens.
6. Madewell Rail Straight Cords. Everyone knows Madewell's sister store, J. Crew, but Madewell is a hidden gem that deserves its own accolades. I was on the hunt for some straight or skinny cords and had tried all of the typical places. I have relatively small legs so I thought it would be a quick search but I really struggled. Strangely enough, J. Crew's cords looked the absolute worst on me. I put them on and my legs doubled in size. I stopped in Madewell to try these and loved them. Bought a pair that day and ordered another pair a few weeks ago!
7. Victoria's Secret Incredible Bra. I tend to avoid Victoria's Secret because I know I'll spend a lot of money if I walk into the store. I decided it was time to buy some new bras and right now they have the "buy one get one 50% off" sale. They no longer carry my favorite (Ipex) so I thought I'd try this one. GLOOOORIOUS! Super comfortable. Highly recommend. And in case you don't know what a bra looks like, here it is:
8. Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel. I've used the same brand of shave gel for 15+ years (Skintimate). It worked well so I never considered anything else. Michael went to the store a few weeks ago and I asked him to grab some for me. He couldn't remember what I used so he grabbed this--and I am so glad he did. I'm not sure I buy the whole "shave less often" guarantee but I like it and it smells good.
9. Mad Men on AMC. Michael and I caught up on all of the seasons and we're hooked. It is one of my favorite shows of all time. I know it's not to everyone's taste, but if you hate the show just mute it and spend the hour looking at their clothes. Or Don Draper. Or Betty Draper. I have a crush on both.
And I figure I might as well share my must-have item for 2011....
Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens. I'm already counting down the days to my birthday--this will be my gift. Whether Michael gives it to me or I give it to myself, it will be in attendance on my 29th birthday. :)
I think that about sums it up. 2010 was great but I am ready for 2011.
Happy New Year!