Monday, December 20, 2010

:)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there – fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge – they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

-Love Actually

7 comments:

S said...

I LOVE this quote. It always melts my heart. Merry Christmas!!

Aubrey said...

Oh man, you know it's a great movie when you're smiling through your tears in the first two minutes of the film. We've already watched LA (twice) this year. :)

Cari said...

Ha, All I Want for Christmas is You came on my Christmas mix just as I was reading this. I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching this movie, or listening to this song...

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Love this quote, love this movie, love Hugh Grant. I so wanted to watch this over the weekend but couldn't locate my copy.

Melissa said...

my FAVORITE movie at christmas!!!! well, that and 4 Christmas's :)

Jax said...

I LOVE this movie! Excellent quote! MY favorite part is when he has the signs and the little boom box at Kiera's door step.. whatever her name was in the movie... :)

Leslie said...

Adore this movie. Just watched it the other night as I wrapped presents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...