Below are some thoughts that have gone through my head lately...
1. My reunion is exactly two months away and it is going to be one gigantic weekend of small talk. HOW am I supposed to handle this? I am horrid at small talk. Is it weird to talk about the weather with classmates you haven't seen in 10 years?
2. My birthday is next month and the thought of turning 28 makes me die a little inside. 27 has been pretty fantastic and it's one of those numbers that kind of counts as mid-twenties if you don't think about it too much. But 28? 28 is definitely late twenties. No other way to look at it. Blast.
3. After my surgery I was told I had to wear a sports bra day/night for nine days straight. I went through the 12-step program of hating it, dealing with it, accepting it, and now... now, my friends, I love it. Can't get enough. I found some at Target that don't make me feel like I'm on a sports team and I adore them. Hmmm....
4. I received a promotion at work and have a very cool new job that absolutely terrifies me. I wish I could fast forward a year to a time when I'd feel completely confident, but that'd make me almost 29. Hells no.
5. I love my husband! We celebrated our five-year dating anniversary last week! And by celebrate I mean we gave each other a high-five and that's about it. :)
That's it for now. Oh, if you were in my graduating class, please come to the reunion. I promise I'll talk about things besides the weather (like politics and religion)!