Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Monday. Again.

When I grow up, I'm going to run for president. And if I win (I'm counting on your vote), my first order of business will be to unite Friday with Saturday and Sunday. 3-day weekends every weekend. I think that could be my one and only platform and I am pretty confident I would win. Talk about change that EVERYBODY believes in.

It was a great weekend. Friday evening we went to a friend's birthday party and had a great time catching up with them and several others.

Saturday was one of those fantastic days that I have learned to appreciate so much. We slept in, ate breakfast (prepared by Michael), spent some time around the house, and then had an extremely late lunch (or early dinner) at Red Lobster. Michael and I are not big fans of chains. It's not that we're uppity, we just love to support local restaurants (and for the most part, they taste better). But about once a year, I have a hankering for Red Lobster. Give me a plate full of questionable seafood that is swimming in butter and I am a happy girl. Until I finish. And feel sick to my stomach. I believe this is why I only want to go once a year, it takes me 365 days to forget how gross I feel when I'm done. After I have successfully forgotten, I want to go back. And am then reminded (once again) of why eating massive amounts of butter is not a good thing. Oh well.

After Red Lobster we went to Utica Square (yes, we love this place) and wandered around. Picked up some shampoo at Saks, bought a baby gift at Pottery Barn, a wedding gift at Williams Sonoma, had some coffee at Starbucks, and then made our way home. Finished the evening with a bottle of red wine and "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" (great movie). After the movie we had a nice long talk and I went to bed feeling content and so thankful for Michael. I'm not going to say, "He's the best guy in the world" (even if deep, deep down I think he might be), but I will say, "He's the best guy in the world for me." And really? That's all that matters.

Yesterday we went to Celebration of Faith at our church and then came home to watch the Oscars. All in all, a great weekend!

I'll leave you with several new songs I love. Some are new, some really aren't, but they've been on repeat at our house for several days.

Upbeat (warning--this will be in your head for the rest of the day. Possibly week)
(Ben Folds and Regina Spektor)


Can't leave out the token Snow Patrol song...


A new song by The Fray:


I love this girl (Meiko):


I realize we're entering spring, but this song is so, so pretty.
(Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson)


Hate to end with a slow song, but this one's worth it
(Ray La Montagne)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who needs Pandora when we've got you?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...