Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Weekend Recap!

This past weekend was a good one.  Most are, but this one was filled with a lot of friends and family, and NO ONE WAS SICK.  I took too many pictures and figured they needed their own post.  :)

Amber and I meet every month to discuss Twin Talk and we decided this month's meeting needed to happen outside, with a pool, a water table, a giant yard, and four toddlers.  We have a giveaway going on right now and we needed some pictures of the girls wearing bows from the sponsors.  Don't feel sorry for Jude; while the girls were our little models, he was busy running victory laps around Amber's backyard.  I think he had more fun than anyone.

Here we go!
Parker & Jolie's Head Wraps:  Shelby Chic Boutique
Sloane's Glitter Bow: Sweet T Baby

"What is this magical place?"

"Parker and Jolie got grape slushes.  I got nothing.  Worst mom ever."

You haven't pushed all of the neat buttons on the lid?  Here, let me help!

"Holy crap.  This yard is amazing.  I'm never leaving!"

"OMG. OMG. OMG. Weeeeeeeee!"

"I must refuel so I can continue running laps around this yard."

"Sloane, what is he doing?" "That is what boys do.  It doesn't make sense.  It will never make sense."

"Worst.  Mom.  Ever."

"I'm going to act like I'm giving Jolie a hug, and then I'm going to steal her drink."
 
"I'm sorry, what?  Mom, Jolie just tried to kiss me."

The End. (Of Friday.)

On Saturday, we took the kids to a new area in Old Town Coppell.  Our first stop was Frost Cupcakery, which is the cutest shop and, most importantly, has delicious cupcakes to boot.  The store is owned by my friend's mom and she has done a fantastic job with the place.  You must check it out.





After we had our fill of cupcakes (the kids loved them), we went to nearby fountains (Kaitlin, I'm sorry).  Jude & Sloane were both a little hesitant at first and then Sloane just threw her hands up and ran right in.  Jude took a little bit to warm up to it but really enjoyed himself as well.  One of my favorite parts of being a parent is watching your child do something for the very first time.  This was no exception.









On Sunday we gathered our rafts and went to the neighborhood pool.  And I was very intentional about something - I left my camera and phone at home.  I'm grateful I've captured so many pictures of these two but it does change the dynamic a bit.  Sometimes I miss a great moment because I'm too busy capturing the moment.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, the four of us had a wonderful time and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.  And I am ok with that.  :) 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!

2 comments:

Let the Journey Begin... said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! I love your captions - you are a riot. :) I couldn't agree more that sometimes we just need to put our cameras down and experience the memory first hand rather than experiencing it through a photo later.

Aubrey said...

My goodness, Meredith! The looks S and J throw out there are HYSTERICAL. I've never seen kids where their expressions say so much! I imagine you spend most of your time cracking up at those two the same way I crack up when I read captions like "That is what boys do. It doesn't make sense. It will never make sense." Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...